Youth & Family Minister
The Youth and Family Minister (YFM) will develop close communication and foster loving relationships with youth and their families. They will work toward growing and sustaining a healthy and vibrant community of teens whose sole purpose is to follow the way of Jesus, knowing Him as Lord and Saviour, as they work towards bringing about the presence of Christ’s Kingdom. The YFM will form a partnership with the teens’ parents as they are the teens’ number one influence. As well, they will communicate a vision and passion for this ministry to the congregation. The YFM will report to, and be supported by, the Lead Minister in all matters whether ministry or administration related.
The YFM will also be responsible for helping children (preschool to grade 6) to be connected with the Lord, the church, and each other. As with the teens, they will work toward growing and sustaining a healthy and vibrant community for our children, discipling them to follow the way of Jesus, knowing Him as Lord and Saviour. In all areas of ministry, it will be important to work with parents and families, recognizing that in most cases the primary place for spiritual development and discipleship is at home. It is vital to see the youth, children, and family ministries as a cohesive whole, working together for a common goal.
Who you are?
You are a committed disciple of Jesus Christ who has a passion to help Youth and Families as they strive to be disciples of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. You are relational, approachable, confident, forward-thinking, and have a winning teamwork attitude. As a self-starter, you multitask and adapt to changing priorities. You seek the best for the body of Christ by seeking the direction of the Spirit and striving to be Christ like in all you do.
(The knowledge, skills, and abilities required to perform the responsibilities of this position.)
- Developing Others
- Valuing People
Typically, the competencies noted above would be attained/developed/enhanced through education and experience or a combination thereof.
Young Adult Leadership Team Development
Café/Youth Missions Fund
Transition to Young Adults Ministry
Children’s Sunday School Ministry
Spark Ministry Contact
General & Administrative Activities:
Minister in an Area of Passion or Giftedness:
Staff are expected to coordinate with each other to maximize the overall effectiveness of the church’s ministries while ensuring that the tasks within their particular areas are addressed effectively.
- Open to male and female Ministry candidates
- Open to those starting their Ministry careers to those more mature candidates
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2 years + Ministry experience
- Degree from a recognized post secondary Bible/Theological Program
- Additional certifications/degree in counselling/teaching would be beneficial
- Knowledge of and willingness to support our Theology rooted in the Restoration Movement
- Multicultural and diversity experience, sensitivity, and competencies
- Personable; able to engage congregation and recruit volunteers to work with Church Youth and Family programs
What You Can Expect:
- Salary – commensurate with experience and skillset
- An attractive benefits package including Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation – 3 weeks
- Work week: target of 40 hours/week,
- A caring place to work and grow with encouraging, faithful, and supportive Ministerial and Administrative co-workers, Elders, Personnel Committees Liaison and Congregation
- Ongoing formal/informal training and support to grow your gifts and positive Church youth and family impact