Join us on YouTube Live!
Order of Service
9:15 a.m. – Gather early if you’d like so you are comfortable with the login
9:30 a.m. – Instrumental Devotional
10:00 a.m. – Lord’s Supper, A Capella Worship, Sermon
Please be ready to take the Lord’s Supper with us! More information is available in the Communion tab below.
Encourage one another! Let us know you were online today!
Resources for Adults
Asset mapping worksheets from Jonathan’s sermon:
Bible Project – We believe the Bible is a unified story that leads to Jesus. This is visual storytelling meets the Bible!
YouVersion – set up daily reading plans and get encouragement
Videos of Scripture – (FREE) Experience the Word of God like never before.
Resources for Kids
The Bible App for Kids – (FREE) Parents, stream or download 30-minute Bible App for Kids video episodes! And download other free companion resources like coloring pages and activity sheets.
Superbook – (FREE) a media-rich experience that helps bring the Bible to life with videos and images from the Emmy-nominated SUPERBOOK animation series as well as engaging interactive games.
Minno Kids – (PAY) an app that Christian parents love and where their kids will enjoy shows, movies and devotionals that teach them who Jesus is.
Keys for Kids – (FREE/PAY) Daily devotionals
Guardians of Ancora – (FREE) is a fun, epic parkour adventure game where players have to run, jump, roll and slide their way through stories of the Bible where they’ll meet Jesus and experience the miracles he performed.
Pure Flix – (PAY) A faith based movie streaming service
In light of moving our worship services online, for those who wish to let us know of their need we will make available Lord’s Supper supplies that can be picked up at the building. If you choose to access this, you need specifically to contact the office to let us know what you need.
Simple Recipe for Unleavened Bread
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup water
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Mix flour, oil, and salt together in a bowl; add water and mix using a pastry cutter until dough is soft. Form dough into 6 balls and press into disks onto the prepared baking sheet using your hands.
Bake in the preheated oven until bread is cooked, 8 to 10 minutes.
Not as Simple Recipe for Unleavened Bread
It is recommended that you half this recipe, that ingredient list is included below the original.
FULL RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 4 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- 1 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil (or, if you’re not keeping kosher for Passover, you can substitute canola oil)
- 3/4 cup plus up to 1/2 cup warm water
HALF RECIPE INGREDIENTS
- 2 ¼ cups sifted all-purpose flour, plus more for rolling
- ½ tsp Kosher Salt, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 tbsp mild olive oil
- 0.375 cup (1/3 plus a tiny bit more) plus up to ¼ cup warm water.
Preheat the oven to 500°F (260°C). Ideally you would place a pizza stone on the bottom oven rack, but realistically a 10-by-15-inch baking sheet will work just dandy.
In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients, using 3/4 cup water, until everything comes together to form a dough. If the dough seems dry, add a little more water, a few drops at a time. Let the dough rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
Divide the dough into 8 pieces. Flatten a piece slightly and pass it repeatedly through a pasta maker, reducing the thickness each time until you reach the minimum setting. Alternately, you can simply roll the dough as thinly as possible with a rolling pin on a lightly floured surface. Repeat with the remaining dough pieces.
Trim the rolled-out dough pieces into rectangles. (How many pieces of matzoh you get depends on how thinly you rolled the dough.) Use a fork to prick holes in the surface of the dough. lf salted matzoh are desired, brush or spray the dough surface lightly with water and sprinkle with salt to taste.
Carefully place some of the rectangles onto the pizza stone or baking sheet. They should fit snugly but should not touch. Bake until the surface of the matzoh is golden brown and bubbly, 30 to 90 seconds. Using tongs, carefully flip the matzoh pieces and continue to bake until the other side is golden browned and lightly blistered, 15 to 30 seconds. Keep careful and constant watch to keep the matzoh from burning; the exact baking time will vary from oven to oven and will get longer with subsequent batches. You want to let the matzoh get a few dots of light brown but don’t let the matzoh turn completely brown or it will taste burnt. Let it cool before serving. (When our testers made this, they devoured it within hours—and sometimes minutes—of pulling it from the oven, but typically with this sort of baked good you can keep it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag at room temperature for up to a couple days.)
We currently have three ways to give that will provide you with a receipt for tax purposes at the end of the year.
1. You may mail a cheque to the Calgary Church of Christ at 4030 Maryvale Dr NE, Calgary, AB, T2A 2S8
2. You can use direct deposit – download a form here. These forms can then be emailed to [email protected]
3. You can make an e-transfer to [email protected]. Please include your full name and contact information in the e-transfer so that you will receive a receipt for your donation. Please use the following security question and answer – Question: “What is the church’s street name?” Answer: “Maryvale”
What You Can Do!
- Shop for those who can’t.
- Assist people with food when funds are low.
- Keep our pantry well stocked – see our Benevolence Page.
- Keep our freezer stocked with casseroles to hand out to our Wednesday friends.
- Connect with those who are more isolated.
- Build community within our church and Marlborough through Facebook participation.
Please feel free to share your requests with our staff and elders. We will continue to pray for everyone.
We will pray for you as a congregation or our staff and elders will keep your request private and pray. Please note “Private” in your comments, if you would like it to remain for staff and elders only. You can view our prayer list here: www.calgarycofc.com/prayer-list
Please follow the link below to submit a Prayer Request: