Below are our Central Beliefs that we categorize as non-negotiables. These are listed here in point form but can be found in greater detail in links below.
- We believe in God as He has revealed Himself in history, in Jesus Christ, and in the Bible; one God, in three coequal persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. God is the creator of the universe and the giver of life. The most central attribute in His eternal existence is love.
- We believe in the historical Jesus. We believe that Jesus is Lord, the Christ, the Son of the living God. We believe that Jesus died on the cross to save us from our sins, that He was buried, that He rose from the dead, and that He will return to bring His believers to heaven, the home that He is now preparing.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God, written by man through God’s inspiration.
- We believe salvation is God’s free gift to us.
- We believe every person believing in Jesus Christ is to repent of his or her sins, confess Jesus Christ as Lord, be baptized by immersion in water, and live a life committed to Jesus Christ, as outlined in the New Testament.
- We believe that those who are saved through Jesus Christ will be with God forever, this is called Heaven.
- We believe there is one church universal, comprised of all those who have been added to the church by God as His saved children.
- We believe in the importance and sacred nature of the Lord’s Supper. This communion is a memorial and proclamation of the life, death, and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. We share in this communion every week in our church assembly.
- We believe in the necessity of growth through discipleship. We desire that every Christian progress in his or her Christian journey toward more of a Jesus-like character – a deepening relationship with God, loving service, making sacrifices for the growth of God’s Kingdom, sharing Jesus with others.
- We believe giving financially is a key factor in our spiritual growth and our growing confidence in God which enables us to accomplish our mandate of making more and better disciples.
- We seek to demonstrate a “spirit of unity” within our church as we follow Christ so that with one heart and mouth we “may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ” in everything we do.
What We Believe – Expanded Version
This is the list from above with a bit more description and Bible verses to study from.
Our Core Value Statement
Assuming God’s Word as our source of guidance in all things, we hold these core values as essentials that must shape who we are individually and as a church. (Please click on the title above to read through our statement.)